Log in

Previous Entry

I know, it’s been a long while …

Originally published at Living Life Day by Day .... You can comment here or there.

I have no excuse. I just have not been as faithful here as I have been on Facebook. However, here’s what’s been going on …

In the last six weeks I’ve only seen my nutritionist once. My next appointment is on July 11th and I plan on keeping that one. I know I have gained at least two pounds due to recent traveling and not being able to be as careful as I would have wanted. That and I enjoyed myself a little this past weekend. Everyday starts out great only to deteriorate when I get home from work. I’d say, right now, that that is my worst time.

The not sleeping has been getting worse and so have my headaches. I’m up at least twice during the night now and because of this my headaches are more frequent. To the point where I don’t want to do a damn thing. I spend most of my evenings laying across the bed watching TV.

I’ve also see the surgeon who has said that until there is another blockage there’s little he can do for the pain I’m in. As a result I’ve been referred to a Pain Management Specialist, who I saw today.

My official diagnosis is Chronic Pain and now that it’s official they can start me on a longer term opiate. Today he prescribed me 25mg of Fentanyl. We’re going to try that dosage for the first month and he may need to adjust it when I see him again in August.

I put one of the patches on when I got home and I’m to immediately stop the vicodin. I asked if I should flush what I have left and he said no, not yet.

How do I feel so far: I’ve already had two bouts with dizziness and I have a massive migraine.  One thing I forgot to ask the Doctor is if I will still experience withdrawal symptoms from the Vicodin. I work from home tomorrow yet so 1. I won’t need to drive just yet and 2. I can give his office a call tomorrow to find out. I’ve already had some anxiety but eventually fell asleep for a few hours. I woke with the headache and am feeling a little better but still a little woozy, just not as much as before.

I think it might just take some time to get used to.

I only need to change the patch every three days. So we’ll see how this goes.

On another note, I got to spend a week in Orlando at Microsoft TechEd. I was very worried about going and plus with the pain I almost backed out the week before. However, I forged ahead and was glad I went. I met a lot of people and learned a lot about some of the new things coming our way. It was a lot of walking but I paced myself and gave myself (sometimes) extra time to get where I was going. The worst day was Wednesday because I spent the whole day in sessions; therefore, sitting in uncomfortable chairs all day.

That Thursday, Microsoft had the closing party at Universal Studios Island of Adventures, which included The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I didn’t take a risk of going on any rides but enjoyed myself nonetheless! I spent almost three hours just walking around “Hogsmead”. It was magical! ;)

For as much as I enjoyed myself i was very glad to be home. There’s nothing like sleeping in your own bed.

I think that’s all I have for now. I’ll make sure I check in on the 11th. Five more work days before I am off eight working days, that’s 12 days in a row!!

Take care all …

Latest Month

June 2012
Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Tiffany Chow